{ABOUT ME} 25 Random Facts About My Art & Me

  • For my entire life, I have been drawn to photographs over other forms of art.
  • Only recently have I started to appreciate painting, and it all began with this:


  • My motto? Color, color, and more color. I am highly drawn to brilliantly colorful and dynamic photos, no matter the subject matter.
  • My camera broke recently and it has forced me to finally edit the bajillions of photos I have already taken…..
  • …..now, how much editing have I actually accomplished? Not even enough to make a dent.
  • I am the most typical Aquarius possible. I change everything all the time and if things have gotten a little too consistent, I change it up again. As a result, I hop around from project to project. It makes it hard to follow through to completion.
    I let myself get overwhelmed by the final goal. As a result, I have a hard time taking it step by step. That's why photography works so well for me. If I get too wrapped up in the details, I miss the shot. I just have to do it already. Rip off the band-aid, so to speak.
  • For being a photographer, I have to be honest and admit I've still not picked up my professional wedding photos. I have been married for five years.
  • The top five musicians that really get my creative juices flowing are: Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, U2, Janelle Monae (she is a highly rated recent addition), and Guster. In other words, music I can sing my head off while listening to. Anything else that is along those musical genres works perfectly.
  • I went to school in England, Ireland, and spent some time in Belgium and I brought disposable cameras with me which resulted in horribly low-quality pictures. I regret not bringing a better camera with me all the time.
  • If it weren't for my husband, my photos would still be sitting on the memory card. He is my biggest fan and encourages me every step of the way.
  • My technical skills for taking a photo are very shaky. I have a lot to learn. I couldn't begin to expound on f-stop/aperture/white balance, etc.
    I am, to the core of my being, right-brained. At work we even took a personality profiling to determine this and I was told I was off the chart "C": Interpersonal thinking - Key words : kinesthetic, emotional, spiritual, sensory, feeling. Preferred activities : listening to and expressing ideas, looking for personal meaning, sensory input, and group interaction.

    Somehow, I ended up at a job where typically everyone is very left-brained, analytical, and detail-oriented. I have no idea how this happened.
  • Other than photography, reading is my most favorite thing in the entire universe. Not even kidding, I am ALWAYS carrying a book. I have several in my trunk, just in case. I have done this since I was a child and even used to read at the dinner table but my parents put a stop to that. They thought it best I interact with real live human beings every once in awhile.
  • If I am getting too wrapped up and stressed out (which I am really good at doing to myself – remember, I overwhelm myself by looking at the forest and not the trees), it's time to watch something awesomely funny like Community, Big Bang Theory, Friends, 30 Rock, etc. Anything to just make me chill out and laugh my head off.
  • It is only within the last six months that I have actually learned to cook. Before then, I made whatever came out of a box or ate whatever was in a drive thru. I stopped eating meat in March 2010 (dabbled in it throughout February) and realized I had to learn how to cook for myself or I would be living off of French fries. Cooking has only increased my creative capacity. I can't believe I didn't learn how to do this sooner.
  • What made me become a vegetarian? This book:
  • Growing up, I wanted to be a professional dancer, singer, and actress. You wouldn't catch me on stage now (I am terrified now to sing in front of people), but until I was about 20 I was a major performer.
  • I applied to go to Film School but wasn't accepted. I got a degree in International Affairs instead. Close leap, right? HA!
  • I have been around artistic people my entire life and nothing gets me more annoyed than an "elitist" artist.
  • I believe, to the core of my being, that generosity, reciprocity, and pushing your boundaries makes you a better representative of human kind.
  • I've been nicknamed "Fez" or "Foreign Kid" as I grew up overseas of the USA and living in the Middle East. I feel being aware of the world's diversity and appreciating its differences enhances my art.
  • I will never forget the day someone saw me carrying my Arabic book, a week after 9/11 happened, and spat on me, calling me a traitor. I keep that memory in my heart to remind myself why I am who I am. I want to increase the spatial boundaries of everyone I meet so their world can be more loving and caring, like mine.
  • It makes me very happy when someone sees my photographs and it make them smile. It feels like I am spreading joy in a way that can reach more people than just me alone.

photo

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...